Here are examples of relatively simple inventions that made and continue to make millions of dollars in sales. As you review these ideas ask yourself various questions:
- What need did the invention meet or problem did it solve?
- How difficult would the product be to prototype?
- How was the product marketed?
- What type of job did the inventor have before they came up with their invention?
- Do you like the product website?
- Would you or have you purchased the product?
- Does the products price seem reasonable?
- Would you pay that amount of money for the product?
- You can almost always research the invention described and find out how the inventor conceived the idea, developed the prototype and marketed the product.
- The one recurring theme that I find is there is no get rich quick or get rich easy invention and the real work is often in marketing the product.
Simple Invention #55 that made loads: http://bit.ly/GXmH9
Simple Invention #54: “Pump it” up pumps out $70 million: http://www.pumpitupparty.com
Simple Invention #53: Creates a ton of dough (millions): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-Doh
Shameless self promotion: InventionRocks Linkedin Profile: http://bit.ly/u5ncI
Simple Invention #52: makes buku bucks: Excused Absence Network…purchase of fake doctors notes: http://myexcusedabsence.com (I do not promote this invention…your reputation is everything in the business world!)
Simple Invention #51: The dog tug shock absorber: http://tinyurl.com/bkkxmr Protects you from Jerks!
Simple Invention #50: Meatball Magic – http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/meatbalmagic/meatballmagic1.html
Simple Invention #49: Cleavage Coolers, http://bit.ly/16KHuT (Very COOL!)
Random Insert: Fourteen Essential Questions to Ask People About your New Invention Idea: http://tinyurl.com/nuutf3 (Don’t kid yourself everyone likes their own ideas)
Simple Invention #48: Goggles for your dog: http://www.doggles.com : millionaires with shops all over the world! If I had a dog…yes!
Random Thought: Hundreds of thousands of inventors have the talent and ability for creating products. However, only a small percentage are able to profit from its success!
Simple Inventions #27-47: 20 KID INVENTORS AND THEIR INVENTIONS: 5 years and above: http://tinyurl.com/lk2zcp
Simple Invention #26: Decorate your Crocs with jibbitz: http://www.crocs.com/products/jibbitz
It can be done: An innovation revival at Xerox has lifted profits to $1.2 billion: http://tinyurl.com/m8mkn3
Simple Invention #25 “Make a Fortune!” – Purcell Sisters, great idea you can do: http://www.purcellsisters.com/newsletters/make-fortune
Simple Invention/Business #24 Selling USED wedding dresses: http://bit.ly/EgMOw
Simple Invention/Business #23 Selling used wedding rings at http://www.idonowidont.com where jilted lovers could sell their engagement rings.